Tuesday, March 10, 2015

LORI'S GRILL




LORI-OWNER

My busy day started off at Lori's Grill with a hearty breakfast including Western Omelet, fried potatoes with sauteed onions, whole wheat toast, coffee (strong, flavorful), orange juice, and water. The omelet was hot, buttery,  loaded with onions, green bell pepper, ham, jalapeno (upon my request) and  cheese. The toast was browned to perfection. It was brought to my table warm and crispy, just the way I like it. She also has the most delightful french toast I've ever tasted.
FRENCH TOAST (1/2 ORDER)





Phenomenal service! Thanks to the owner herself Ms Lori. She told me that she has fried chicken everyday. "I make it like my grandmother did", says Ms Lori. She did tell me her secret, but you won't hear it from me.
ASIAN STYLE SALAD

SALISBURY STEAK PLATE
FRIED CHICKEN PLATTER
LORI'S ICE TEA IS FRESH AND DELICIOUS
Oh by the way, I had lunch at Lori's Grill as well. Yes, I tried the fried chicken. I was very impressed. It was hot, very crunchy, full of flavor. Nothing crazy, just down home cooking with salt and pepper. At Lori's Grill you get 3 sides. I chose white beans  (grandma's recipe with lots of black pepper), small salad  (cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, iceberg lettuce which I dressed with fresh squeezed lemons); green beans (seasoned with sugar, salt, pepper, bacon) and to round out the meal- cornbread.  

ZAC ATTACK BURGER
Listen up you guys. Y'all know I love iced tea. You might say I am a tea aficionado of sorts. She knows how to brew tea right. The tea had a clean fresh flavor, no bitterness. It was slightly sweetened to highlight the tea and not overwhelm you with sweetness from the sugar.

LAURA-SERVER
What did all of that cost me? $7.99. Yes, I know. How does she stay in business? In her own words, "I have a love for what I do. I am not trying to get rich."

 You might want to ask your server Laura to bring you a box. Trust me you'll need it even if you don't order dessert. Lori stated, "I don't think you should leave a restaurant feeling hungry." Believe me! You won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment