Monday, June 9, 2014

NEW FRIENDS

Brooklynn, Beau, and Haley
I met 3 new friends today. Two well mannered young ladies named Haley and Brooklynn were riding this beautiful horse named Beau. Beau is a dark brown and white painted horse with a white main and white tail that had just a hint of black. Even though I  haven't been on a horse in many many years, Brooklynn could tell I wanted to ride him. I offered Beau  a carrot instead, unfortunately, he didn't like it. He snorted and spat it onto the ground. He gave me this pitiful look like he thought I was trying to poison him.  Brooklynn explained to me that Beau was a rescue horse. He was rescued when he was 2 and is now 4 years old. He's such a gentle and kind horse. After a little coaxing from Brooklynn and Haley, I mustered up the nerve to ride him. At first, I was having trouble mounting Beau. Brooklynn held the reigns while Haley tried to hoist me into the saddle. After several failed attempts, I decided it had to be the flip flops. After all a cowgirl, should have on boots. So I put on my boots and hoisted myself up. I had a great time riding around on him in my own front yard. Thanks to Haley and Brooklynn for being so patient and kind. We shared a lot of laughs, especially due to my lack of riding skills. I'm glad you young ladies were kind enough to stop by and tell me Beau's story. It was truly a pleasure meeting all 3 of you. BTW y'all, my bottom is so sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment