Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Ultimate Mac & Cheese

There is nothing like a home cooked meal. One of my favorite dishes, when I was growing up, was mac & cheese. My mom made the best. Now, I've developed my own versions of  the ultimate comfort food. I am only sharing one with you today.

The Ultimate Mac & Cheese

1 lb cooked pasta (shells, macaroni)
2 tablespoons butter
1 Cup milk (evaporatd milk makes this dish creamier)
1 1/2 - 2  Cups cheese  (You can use whatever cheese you like. It needs to melt well.)
2 Tablespoons Herdez salsa

On stove top, in medium non stick sauce pan: Warm milk and butter on medium low heat. When butter starts to melt add your cheese. Stir until creamy. Remove from heat. Add the pasta and salsa. Delicious! Tip: This works best if you keep the pasta warm. Don't rinse pasta
after cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment